TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating in any Lost Plate activity, you agree to the following Terms, Conditions, Waiver, and Release of Liability for yourself and all individuals you have booked and paid for.
Lost Plate encourages online booking with full payment made by credit card or PayPal. This is the only way to guarantee the date and time of your booking. If a balance is due at the time of your tour, it is to be paid by cash at the start of your tour.
Bookings cancelled 2 days (48 hours) or more before your tour begins are fully refundable (100% refund). Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours before your tour begins are not refundable. Cancellations must be communicated by email to email@example.com and/or by phone.
Rescheduling requests made less than 48 hours before your tour begins will be charged an additional 50% of your previous total.
Weather Conditions and Acts of God
Lost Plate conducts tours rain, snow, or shine, in all temperatures. You are advised to carry an umbrella and dress appropriately for the weather conditions. In the case of severe weather or act of God, Lost Plate will reschedule your tour for another day. If we are unable to do so then we will refund the booking in full. If the tour guide did not suspend the tour but you do not want to continue with the tour due to weather conditions, you will not be refunded. You are responsible for yourself and your own safety.
Modification or Cancellation Due to Lost Plate
Lost Plate reserves the right to modify the date of any booking, or cancel a tour at any time. In either case, a full refund is available if the customer is unable to alter their dates.
Allergies, Dietary Requirements and Health
We do not guarantee the availability of any special diet or the absence of potential food allergy triggers. While we do our best to accommodate vegetarians and food allergies, Lost Plate accepts no responsibility for any allergies and/or dietary requirements or restrictions of the customer. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to take care of his or her own dietary needs.
Lost Plate assumes no liability for participants’ health including, but not limited to, pre-existing conditions and those that appear during a Lost Plate activity or as a result of participation in any activities involved with Lost Plate. Every effort will be made to assist in the event of medical emergencies, however Lost Plate accepts no responsibility for costs that arise from nor for any resulting negative effect to your health.
Lost Plate reserves the right to decline accepting or retaining any customer whose health or actions, in Lost Plate’s sole judgment, interfere with the operation of an activity or the welfare or enjoyment of fellow customers.
Lost Plate is not responsible for the foods or beverages consumed on its tours. Lost Plate acts solely as a consultant in arranging logistics, transportation, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any tour or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees.
Lost Plate strongly encourages all guests to purchase appropriate health insurance before joining a Lost Plate activity. Purchasing a separate travel insurance policy is also recommended to protect yourself and your belongings while traveling.
Lost Plate acts solely as a consultant in arranging tours, transportation, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any tour or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees.
Waiver and Release of Liability & Claims
By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in any activity offered by Lost Plate, you understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that Lost Plate will rely on same:
- You desire to participate in the activity offered by Lost Plate;
- You are in good health and suffer from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness, food allergy, or disability that would make you especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Agreement;
- You fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with your participation in the activity including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, any automobile or transportation method, pedestrians and the like) and death;
- You grant to Lost Plate the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use your name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to you;
- Your participation in the tours is at your own sole risk. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity claiming through or on your behalf, hereby forever and unconditionally release and discharge Lost Plate, the company’s related and affiliated entities, the present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, representatives and agents of the foregoing (“released parties”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the tours, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to you, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence of the company or any of the released parties. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity acting through or on your behalf, further agree to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the tours; and
- You give up any claims against Lost Plate and its representatives and you agree not to make any claim against or seek compensation from Lost Plate and its employees in respect to any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property incurred by you as a consequence of your participation in the activity.
- Lost Plate and its representatives shall not be responsible for any expense or liability due to civil unrest, labor disputes, war or threat of war, acts of terrorism, government restrictions, weather, theft, fire or illness, or any other cause beyond their control.
- You agree that Lost Plate is not responsible for the foods or beverages consumed on its tours. Lost Plate acts solely as a consultant in arranging tours, transportation, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in transporting passengers, rendering service, or carrying out arrangements for any tour or by the act of default of any restaurant or shop or its employees.
Right to Distribute Media
You agree to grant the Company an irrevocable royalty-free worldwide license to use photos and videos taken on its food tours in which you may appear (the “Material”). The Company has the right to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, exhibit, edit, digitize or in any other way use the Material by any means and in any form of media, whether existing now or created later, without restriction worldwide, by incorporating the Material into its website, catalogs, books, brochures, magazines or any other publications, or any informational, commercial, promotional or advertising material. You agree that the company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all title, rights and interest in the Material and the Works, including copyright thereof.
Intellectual Property Rights