Join the world’s best culinary tour company – voted by TripAdvisor’s Traveler Choice Awards! We are looking for an outgoing, full-time trip leader to run our multi-day trips in Yunnan. This position requires a minimum 18 days per month of travel within Yunnan.
Fluent English, English work experience, and a strong ability to build personal relationships with guests is required for this role and must be demonstrated during the interview process.
MULTI-DAY TRIPS AT LOST PLATE FOOD TOURS
We don’t offer typical multi-day trips. We design trips how we want to travel – and that means we get off the beaten path so they are different from what everyone else is doing. We don’t believe in outsourcing our trips to average local guides, which is why we have a Lost Plate trip leader join every trip to make sure we provide a very special experience. We also listen to our guests and make constant improvements on every trip. Plus, we’re the only multi-day tour company in China focused on FOOD – what’s not to love?!
• Your friends know you as a highly social person who loves to interact with people of different personalities and backgrounds.
• Are a natural, high-spirited storyteller with an outgoing personality, never a dull pause, and a plethora of “ah-ha” moments.
• Your passion is food and regional fun-facts which make you an interesting and captivating person to spend a week with. You possess a high level of knowledge about local cuisine and craft beverages like beer and wine – and can’t wait to share it with people every day.
• Have a strong ability to think on your feet, make decisions on your own that will impact others, read your audience, and make real-time adjustments based on their preferences.
• Are a hard core planner, and communicate those plans impeccably clear with others, to ensure a smooth and seamless experience.
• Believe customers always come first and are willing to go the extra mile to make sure every guest is happy – as simple or annoying as it may be.
• You are bilingual in Chinese and English, both speaking and reading/writing.
• You have a minimum of 2 years experience working directly with customers in an English-speaking environment.
• You are efficient with technology, email communication, internet savvy, and using spreadsheets. Photography and photo-editing skills are a plus.
• Bonus: At least one year experience oversees in an English environment.
• Lead two 8-day trips per month for 4-12 guests. Long days, including some public holidays, are necessary.
• Gain full expertise and knowledge to learn, lead, and improve two different itineraries in Yunnan between Dali and Shangrila.
• Build relationships and communicate closely with trip hotels, vendors, transportation/drivers, local guides, and anyone else relevant to each trip.
• Lead a 30-minute online briefing that outlines important details for your guests prior to each trip.
• Debrief and improve each trip based on your personal experience and ideas.
• Work closely with the customer service team to understand booking volume, capacity, and individual guest requests for each trip.
• Maintain a perfect level of customer feedback based on post-trip feedback surveys and online reviews.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
• Monthly salary between 7000-10,000 RMB for those based in Yunnan, based on experience.
• All expenses paid during trips including accommodation, food, and transportation to/from where you live.
• Less than 20 working days per month with a long stretch of consecutive days off.
• Opportunity for overtime with pay.
• Room for growth for top-performers include learning new trips in new destinations, becoming a senior trip leader, or transitioning into a full-time operations role.
To apply for this position, please submit the following below (or email to email@example.com):
Our Other Open Positions: