4 cups raw nuts and seeds (chopped hazelnuts, chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
1 Tbs dark brown sugar
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
¼-1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs Bee-Licious Pure Raw Honey (provided in box)
1 Tbs Portland Bitters Project Aromatic Bitters (provided in box)
¾-1 Tbs coarse salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a small saucepan, warm honey and oil together over low heat.
3. Toss nuts, sugar, seeds, salt, spices, and 1 Tbs rosemary (optional) in a large bowl. Drizzle with honey mixture and mix well.
4. Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, stir, then bake another 8-10 minutes.
6. Nuts are done when golden – coating may not be crisp yet but will firm up as nuts cool.
7. Remove from oven, scatter remaining optional 1 Tbs rosemary over top, sprinkle evenly with bitters, and stir.
8. Allow to cool for maximum crunch. Store unlikely leftovers tightly sealed.
Great for: Bringing to a party, salad topping, midnight snack
Recipe created by Portland Bitters Project