JOIN OUR TEAM
Lost Plate is a tour company focused on changing the way foreigners eat in Asia. We offer food tours in Phnom Penh, Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, and Xian that take foreign tourists to eat at local, family-run restaurants that they would not be able to find on their own. The goal is that each guest is able to eat shoulder to shoulder with locals where they can learn about the food, how it’s made and why it’s important to the local culture. We do all of this while providing a fun and professional experience that our guests will remember forever.
That’s where you come in! We are looking to fill the following positions.
We are looking for someone who…
• Is available for 1-4 evenings per week from 4:30pm to 9pm.
• Speaks English and is confident communicating to foreigners with different accents.
• A love and passion for food and what it means to the local culture.
• Comfortable following our proven method of superior service that we provide our guests to achieve a perfect tour experience.
• Independent, confident and able to think quickly on your feet to create a positive experience out of unfamiliar situations.
What we do for you…
• Provide individual and intensive training until you are comfortable and confident leading your own group of tourists.
• Offer competitive wages for each tour you give.
• Offer consistent bonuses for receiving positive feedback.
• You keep 100% of the tips you make during each tour.
• A fun and dynamic environment with regular incentives and activities to show our appreciation to you!
• Leading food tours in Phnom Penh
• Creating, arranging, and communicating weekly schedules and logistics to guides,
• Hiring and training part-time tour guides
• Implementing improvement and adjustments to our tours based on customer feedback
• Ongoing professional customer service and communication
• Generating relevant marketing material and developing digital marketing strategies
• Establishing further partnerships with local businesses and expand community outreach
• Arranging occasional activities promoting Lost Plate
• Developing and implementing new tour products in Phnom Penh
• Have excellent written and spoken English & Khmer.
• Work independently and efficiently with little supervision.
• Are confident in making decisions independently that will impact the business.
• Have a proven, demonstrated ability to lead and manage others.
• Possess strong customer service skills and are dedicated to providing a 100%
satisfactory customer experience at all times.
• Have your own working computer and internet connection.
• A flexible working environment and time-off policy.
• A competitive monthly salary.
• Regular bonuses tied to strong performance and customer feedback. The more
successful you are at your job, and the more successful you make our tours in Phnom
Penh, the more money you will earn with unlimited potential.
• A fun, open and international environment where your ideas matter and your hard work
To apply, please:
1. Email your resume to email@example.com
2. Include a letter about your favorite foods, why you like them, and where you like to get it. The letter should be composed as an email to a foreigner who asked you for food recommendations. Therefore, it should be detailed and written professionally.