JOIN OUR TEAM
Lost Plate is a tour company focused on changing the way foreigners eat in Asia. We offer food tours in Phnom Penh, Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, and Xian that take foreign tourists to eat at local, family-run restaurants that they would not be able to find on their own. The goal is that each guest is able to eat shoulder to shoulder with locals where they can learn about the food, how it’s made and why it’s important to the local culture. We do all of this while providing a fun and professional experience that our guests will remember forever.
That’s where you come in! We are looking to fill the following positions.
We are looking for someone who…
• Is available for 1-4 evenings per week from 4:30pm to 9pm.
• Speaks English and is confident communicating to foreigners with different accents.
• A love and passion for food and what it means to the local culture.
• Comfortable following our proven method of superior service that we provide our guests to achieve a perfect tour experience.
• Independent, confident and able to think quickly on your feet to create a positive experience out of unfamiliar situations.
What we do for you…
• Provide individual and intensive training until you are comfortable and confident leading your own group of tourists.
• Offer competitive wages for each tour you give.
• Offer consistent bonuses for receiving positive feedback.
• You keep 100% of the tips you make during each tour.
• A fun and dynamic environment with regular incentives and activities to show our appreciation to you!
To apply, please:
1. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Include a letter about your favorite foods, why you like them, and where you like to get it. The letter should be composed as an email to a foreigner who asked you for food recommendations. Therefore, it should be detailed and written professionally.