JOIN OUR TEAM
Lost Plate is a tour company focused on changing the way foreigners eat in China. We offer food tours in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai and Xian that take foreign tourists to eat at local, family-run restaurants that they would not be able to find on their own. The goal is that each guest is able to eat shoulder to shoulder with locals where they can learn about the food, how it’s made and why it’s important to the local culture. We do all of this while providing a fun and professional experience that our guests will remember forever.
That’s where you come in! We are looking for the following FULL-TIME and PART-TIME positions.
We are looking for a full-time Operations Manager to join our growing team in Beijing. This role will be responsible for guiding small groups of foreigners to eat local food, completing daily administration and operational tasks, and providing a high level of customer service to our guests.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading food tours in Beijing 3-6 nights a week, as required.
- Hiring, training and providing consistent feedback to part-time guides.
- Managing our tour schedule and booking system to ensure maximum guest capacity is available.
- Creating, arranging and communicating our food tour schedule to part-time guides.
- Communicating and arranging logistics with food tour vendors and drivers.
- Continually identifying and implementing improvements for each guide and the overall tour experience.
- Send daily reminder and thank-you emails for upcoming tours.
- Respond to daily email requests, phone calls and messages from customers asking about our tour products with an emphasis on customer service and a personal touch.
- Update our online booking system with new bookings.
- Work with our marketing team on creating web content, promotional materials and partnership opportunities as necessary.
Job Requirements include:
- Fluent written and spoken English & Chinese.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Confident in making decisions independently that will impact the business.
- Ability to lead and manage others (part-time guides).
- Availability for weekly conference calls with global colleagues to discuss ideas and plans for each week.
- Strong commitment to providing incredible customer service and a 100% satisfactory customer experience at all times.
- Constantly look for improvements in personal and company performance and make necessary adjustments.
- You must have your own working computer and strong internet connection.
What We Offer You:
• An extremely flexible working environment. As long as you manage your time well and complete daily responsibilities, you are free to work when and where you want.
• A competitive monthly salary.
• A monthly bonus as a percentage of company profits. The more successful you are at your job, and the more successful you make our tours in Beijing, the more money you will earn with unlimited potential.
• A fun, open and international environment where your ideas matter and your hard work is rewarded.
We are looking for someone who…
• Is available for 1-4 evenings per week from 6pm to 10:30pm.
• Speaks English and is confident communicating to foreigners with different accents.
• Speaks fluent Chinese.
• A love and passion for food and what it means to the local culture.
• Comfortable following our proven method of superior service that we provide our guests to achieve a perfect tour experience.
• Independent, confident and able to think quickly on your feet to create a positive experience out of unfamiliar situations.
What we do for you…
• Provide individual and intensive training until you are comfortable and confident leading your own group of tourists.
• Offer competitive wages for each tour you give.
• Offer consistent bonuses for receiving positive feedback.
• You keep 100% of the tips you make during each tour.
• A fun and dynamic environment with regular incentives and activities to show our appreciation to you!
Nous sommes à la recherche de quelqu’un qui… :
• Est disponible en soirée la semaine et/ou le week-end de 18h à 22h30.
• Parle français relativement bien afin de communiquer facilement avec nos invités francophones.
• Dans la mesure du possible, possède de bonnes bases en chinois.
• Aime et a une passion pour la gastronomie chinoise et ce que cela signifie pour la culture locale.
• Est confortable avec notre méthode de service supérieur, nous fournissons à nos invités une expérience d’excursion parfaite.
• Est indépendant, confiant et capable de trouver une solution rapidement pour créer une expérience positive en toutes situations, même inconnues.
Ce que nous faisons pour vous … :
• Fourni une formation individuelle et intensive jusqu’à ce que vous soyez à l’aise et confiant en conduisant votre propre groupe de touristes.
• Un salaire compétitif pour chaque tournée.
• Un bonus cohérent en fonction des commentaires positifs reçus.
• Vous conservez 100% des pourboires que vous faites lors de chaque visite.
• Un environnement amusant et dynamique avec des incitations et des activités régulières pour vous faire part de votre appréciation !
To apply, please:
1. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Include a letter about your favorite foods, why you like them, and where you like to get it. The letter should be composed as an email to a foreigner who asked you for food recommendations. Therefore, it should be detailed and written professionally.