JOIN OUR TEAM
Lost Plate is a tour company focused on changing the way foreigners eat in China. We offer food tours in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai and Xian that take foreign tourists to eat at local, family-run restaurants that they would not be able to find on their own. The goal is that each guest is able to eat shoulder to shoulder with locals where they can learn about the food, how it’s made and why it’s important to the local culture. We do all of this while providing a fun and professional experience that our guests will remember forever.
That’s where you come in! We are looking for the following FULL-TIME and PART-TIME positions.
This role will be responsible for guiding small groups of foreigners to eat local food, completing daily administrative and operational tasks, providing a high level of customer service to our guests, and engaging in business development and marketing events.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading food tours in Xian 1-3 nights a week, as required.
- Creating, arranging, and communicating weekly schedules and logistics to guides, vendors, drivers
- Implementing constant improvement to tours
- Ongoing professional customer service communications
- Generating relevant marketing material and developing social media strategies
- Establishing further partnerships with local businesses and expand community outreach
- Arranging occasional activities promoting Lost Plate
Job Requirements include:
- Excellent written and spoken English & Chinese.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Confidence in making decisions independently that will impact the business.
- Ability to lead and manage others (part-time guides).
- Strong commitment to providing incredible customer service and a 100% satisfactory customer experience at all times.
- Strive for excellence not only in personal work but also seeking to constantly improve overall team performance
- Going above and beyond expectations to be awesome in every way.
- You must have your own working computer, strong internet connection, and access to a reliable and fast VPN connection. You will be working remotely (not in an office).
What We Offer You:
• An extremely flexible working environment. As long as you manage your time well and complete daily responsibilities, you are free to work when and where you want.
• A competitive monthly salary.
• A monthly bonus as a percentage of company profits. The more successful you are at your job, and the more successful you make our tours in Xian, the more money you will earn with unlimited potential.
• A fun, open and international environment where your ideas matter and your hard work is rewarded.
We are looking for someone who…
• Is available for 1-4 evenings per week from 6pm to 10:30pm.
• Speaks English and is confident communicating to foreigners with different accents.
• Speaks fluent Chinese.
• A love and passion for food and what it means to the local culture.
• Comfortable following our proven method of superior service that we provide our guests to achieve a perfect tour experience.
• Independent, confident and able to think quickly on your feet to create a positive experience out of unfamiliar situations.
What we do for you…
• Provide individual and intensive training until you are comfortable and confident leading your own group of tourists.
• Offer competitive wages for each tour you give.
• Offer consistent bonuses for receiving positive feedback.
• You keep 100% of the tips you make during each tour.
• A fun and dynamic environment with regular incentives and activities to show our appreciation to you!
Nous sommes à la recherche de quelqu’un qui… :
• Est disponible en soirée la semaine et/ou le week-end de 18h à 22h30.
• Parle français relativement bien afin de communiquer facilement avec nos invités francophones.
• Dans la mesure du possible, possède de bonnes bases en chinois.
• Aime et a une passion pour la gastronomie chinoise et ce que cela signifie pour la culture locale.
• Est confortable avec notre méthode de service supérieur, nous fournissons à nos invités une expérience d’excursion parfaite.
• Est indépendant, confiant et capable de trouver une solution rapidement pour créer une expérience positive en toutes situations, même inconnues.
Ce que nous faisons pour vous … :
• Fourni une formation individuelle et intensive jusqu’à ce que vous soyez à l’aise et confiant en conduisant votre propre groupe de touristes.
• Un salaire compétitif pour chaque tournée.
• Un bonus cohérent en fonction des commentaires positifs reçus.
• Vous conservez 100% des pourboires que vous faites lors de chaque visite.
• Un environnement amusant et dynamique avec des incitations et des activités régulières pour vous faire part de votre appréciation !
To apply, please:
1. Email your resume to email@example.com
2. Include a letter about your favorite foods in China, why you like it, and where you like to get it. The letter should be composed as an email to a foreigner who asked you for food recommendations in China. Therefore, it should be detailed and written professionally.